I’m celebrating a milestone and will be largely away from my computer. But some good posts about publishing will be incomprehensible by this week. I’ve been weighing WordPress and Tablo, and I’ll have some thoughts to share.
Here’s where we are on my Civil War novel.
- I just finished Chapter 7 of a planned 15.
- Chapters are averaging somewhere between 4,000-5,000 words (rough estimate). This will put me at about 70,000 words, reasonable size for a novel.
- If I finish in the next six weeks or so, I can let it lie fallow for a bit before editing it and then figuring out how to publish it.
- At present time, I want to try traditional publishing, then if that doesn’t work, perhaps a Kickstarter.
- I have a new working-cover. It kind of looks like a flag:
It’s been a while since I updated on this, but I’ve been working on it – especially since I finished Void. I’m toying with offering a chapter on Tablo to see what people think. Then again, I might not.
I’ve also been toying with the idea of trying to make material available completely available from this website, but that’s a whole ‘nother blog post…
It’ looks nice, anyway. If I can get my Medium profile to embed in the sidebar, I’ll be in business.
Meanwhile, in Twitchy-land, truth breaks out all over.
UPDATE: Apparently the workaround for embedding your Medium.com profile is to embed it in a post at the same time. Then WordPress recognizes and does the right thing with it. It will be interesting to see if that changes when this post goes to the next page.