The most serious parody of a literary journal, ever.
Starting with Issue 7, UJ is now on Joomag, and subscriptions are free.
- F**k Man, The Monkeys. In which Infinite Monkeys form a union, our kitten overlords send another message, and clones get sued.
- Like a Slip n’ Slide, but Less HPV. In which Jackie gets Screeded, indulgence and madness in Nothing Was Wrong, and Lovecraftian gardening happens.
- Chill, Naught from Cold. Our WWI-centenary issue. Kaiser Wilhelm finds his hands tied, men become beasts in the trenches, and cold cold Scarecrow love.
- Far Out, Man. We space most spacingly. Final three Chapters of Void, and we become the aliens in The Tribe.
- Fisted. A bunch of angry violence. Chapter 1 of a new Serial novel, some blood and thunder fighting of beasts beyond the dark in “The Dying Goddess”, and post-apocalyptic Borgs are battled in “The Filth of Living”.
- See the World, They Said. A lot of new beginnings here. First chapter of our new serial novel Ulysses and the Fugitive, Caligulia inaugurates a series of his discovered Meditations, and a man has an awkward drunken conversation with death in “The Guy Came Out”
As we add issues, I’ll update them here.
The first six issues:
- Consider Yourself Triggered. Midget-slapping, transpeciesism, and academic parodies.
- Like Sheet Metal on a Cheese Grater. Bathhouse shenanigans, Zombies with feelings, and kitten commands.
- The One We Forgot the Tag Line For. The Mystery Bathouse concludes, A man hunts a dragon, and feminists get library fines.
- Come Sample Our Word Salad. We interview the Staten Island Fairy, We have undead job interviews, and we quip most quippingly.
- Vulgar, Vague, and Slightly Suggestive. Home invasions, strange couples, and an interview with Cthulu. Also contains the first chapters of Void.
- Don’t Worry, Your Parents Won’t Approve. Genies deal with ISIS, chapter 2 of Void, and we get shamed over the Ghostbusters remake.
All of the material for the above is collected in the Year One Omnibus.